Thursday, December 12, 2019

Holiday DIY Clean Beauty Lipstick Palette With Honeybee Gardens

I started this little project out of necessity.  I'm slowly trying to transition to all natural clean beauty products, but I don't want to jump in to expensive products if I've never tried them.  I will be so upset if I spend a lot of money on something I don't like.

While trying to ease the pain of overhauling my makeup bag, I stumbled upon an affordable green beauty company, Honeybee Gardens.  You can buy Lipstick Samples for 50 cents each or a set of all their colors for $11.  That way you can try out several colors.  I bought a few samples that I thought might look good on me.  They came in mini ziplock bags.  While trying to use them in this packaging, I decided to empty my new tin of ginger mints from Trader Joe's and use that as a lipstick palette.  Now I have a cute little palette that I can use at home or bring with me in my purse.  Along with my Sephora retractable lipstick brush, this is a great way to have several colors at your finger tips. I like a retractable brush, because when I'm on the go, I don't have to worry about fooling around or losing a lid.  And once the brush retracts, I won't get my makeup kit or purse messy.

I must say, since I created this little palette, I'm having a lot of fun combining these samples and creating my own unique lipstick colors.  Just like mixing paints!



Honeybee Garden Lipstick Samples - Valentine , Sweet Pea, Bombshell, San Francisco, Bermuda, Goddess, and Risque

I bought this retractable lip brush at Sephora, but I couldn't find it on the website anymore so here are some alternatives that are similar:











No comments:

Post a Comment