Saturday, December 15, 2012

Visiting Princess Di and taking tea on the Queen Mary

Over this past weekend, my uncle treated me and two of his friends to the Princess Di exhibit on the Queen Mary in Long Beach.  He also treated us to a Windsor Tea after.


Barbara, Sydney, and I out in front of the Queen Mary


Here we are again with my Uncle Harry

The exhibit was much larger than I thought it would be.  It was about the whole Windsor family starting with Queen Mary and ending with the new addition, Kate Middleton.

You can check it out here:

There were several dresses on display.  Here are two of my favorites:


Princess Di's blue floral dress designed by Catherine Walker.


Kate Middleton's engagement dress designed by Daniella Issa Helayel.

After the exhibit, we went next door for tea.


Such pretty and delectable tea sandwiches and the best scones I've ever had.





After the sandwiches, they brought out the most adorable desserts. 

We had a lovely day!








1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely! I would have loved to see those dresses on display! Isn't it wonderful how fashion and history overlap?

    ReplyDelete