Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My Non-toxic All Natural Summer Nighttime Routine Watercolor Journal Sketch



So it is officially summer and so hot here in Southern California.  I thought I'd share my nighttime routine for this summer and how I am transitioning to non-toxic all natural brands to keep me hydrated and refreshed.

I first searched around for some cool summer cotton pajamas and eventually found these cotton poplin pajama pants with a coordinating rib-knit sleep cami at Old Navy.  If you hop on over to their website all the pajamas and loungewear are on sale right now. 

Before I put my pajamas on I take my shower and apply Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Body Lotion all over. I received my first tube of this lotion in a Petit Vour Beauty Box.  You sign up for a monthly subscription and receive different all natural beauty items each month.  It's great fun and you discover things you may never have purchased on your own.  That's exactly what happened with the Andalou Naturals body lotion.  I might never have picked it up on my own, but once I tried it, it's really soothing and the rose scent is lovely.

Once I discovered how much I loved the rose scent, I decided to try the French Girl Organics Le Lip Tint - Claire lip balm which is infused with rose and peppermint.  I never thought about it before, but it is really important to be careful what ingredients you are applying to your lips.  You lick your lips all day, so you are ingesting the ingredients of lip balms, lip sticks and glosses.  Right now the French Girl Organics website has a free shipping code - BASTILLE25 for Bastille Day! Vive la France, Vive la Liberté!

The next item I apply is the Clove + Hallow The Everything Oil.  I have very sensitive skin so it's hard to find things that don't make my face react in redness and itching.  Happily this oil did not trigger any sensitivity issues.  There are only four ingredients in this facial oil; squalane, organic rosehip, black cumin seed and argan oils. The description says that it helps regulate oil production, moisturize skin and deliver a dose of antioxidants.  I wasn't too sure about this oil at first.  The scent was a little off- putting.  But after using it for about a month I've grown more accustomed to it and I believe it has really cleared up some stress breakouts I was having due to the whole uncertainty on the planet earth due to Corona virus thing.

Finally I apply a little spritz of S. W. Basics Lavender Water to my face right before bed time.  This company is amazing.  Each product only has a few natural ingredients in it and you can pronounce them all.  The Lavender water is great for sensitive skin and promotes relaxation.  In the morning I use the Rose Water or Orange Blossom Water.  As you can see, I'm collecting all their floral waters!




So there you have my nighttime routine.

After that, it's just bunny slippers and my little kitty Sky, who curls up with me to fall asleep 💤



For this watercolor sketch I used the 8 1/4 x 8 1/4 inch Square Travelogue Artist Watercolor Journal by Speedball Art. This is such a great journal for watercolors.  It is linen bound with 60 pages of high - quality 95 LB / 200 GSM acid free paper.  It can really handle watercolor washes without buckling or tearing.  This journal/sketchbook comes in a variety of sizes.  I also used a combination of Mono Drawing Pens from Tombow and  Pigma Micron Pens and White Gelly Roll Pen from Sakura.



I also used the Mijello Mission Gold Watercolor 24 Set and the Mission Mijello Fusion Folding 20 Space Palette.  I'm really enjoying this watercolor set.  The colors are gorgeous, but I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this palette.  24 watercolor tubes of paint and only 20 spaces in this palette.  I just thought is was cool looking and I needed a travel palette quick for an out of the studio job.  Other than the fact of it only having 20 spaces, it's perfectly fine.

In addition, I bought these Paper Fashion brushes and a Silver Black Velvet Brush to try out.  Oh, and I can't forget these cute little rose gold Kikkerland Wire Clips that do a good job of holding the pages of the journal down when I apply a watercolor wash because I believe in function and beauty, or at least function and cuteness.

Sweet Dreams everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment