Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Backstage At The Nutcracker Ballet

     I finally saw The Nutcracker Ballet.  My Uncle bought tickets for the family. It was a real treat.  Our friend Sidney played the role of an elegant party guest.  Knowing someone in the cast made the experience even more special.  Plus, we were able to go backstage.  I don't know which my daughter liked best, the fight scene with the nutcracker and toy soldiers against the mouse king, or going backstage.   She was a little intimidated at first, but after a while she was twirling around on the stage.  She was even invited to join the cast next year.


Our friend Sidney with my daughter


My daughter and I with the Flower Princess


Here we are with the Mouse King


My daughter is not too sure about being this 
close to the Nutcracker


Here we are with Clara



My uncle Harry, Sidney, and my brother Craig





My brother bought my daughter a Sugarplum Fairy ornament for our tree 

1 comment:

  1. Just dropping by from Flourish. I am sooo jealous that you got to go backstage and meet everyone! The Nutcracker is my favorite ballet!

    ReplyDelete