Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Glamourous Hostess Original Paintings!

Hello everyone!  I've been playing around with some mixed media and I came up with these new paintings.  First I was just thinking and doodling these little dresses with aprons.


Now I must admit my studio is quite messy.  There are books strewn around every available surface.  I grabbed a vintage copy of Emily Post's Etiquette book from 1960 that was a gift my dad gave to my mom when they first got married.  I scanned a page out of the "Simple Party-Giving" section, printed it out and painted these retro dresses and aprons on it.  They remind me of my mother and grandmother's era of entertaining, and always looking glamourous even at home.  They would both wear dresses, heels and jewelry everyday!  It was kind of fun to skim through the buffet party section to see what was all the rage to serve up in the 1960's. Apparently you just don't have a party unless there are olives on your table!

This is the Lana dress.

This is the Ginger dress.

And this is the Jeanne dress.


These three paintings are available in my Etsy shop.








3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I had a small panic attack when I read that you grabbed a vintage Etiquette book (thinking you ripped the pages out!), but phew! I really like the top and bottom ones especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. They would look just lovely in a little girl's room or nursery!

    ReplyDelete