Monday, December 16, 2019

Trying out Art Philosophy Inc. Watercolor Confections Palette

I've decided I want to try stepping out of the studio and painting on the go a little.  I use several palettes and watercolor in tubes in the studio, so I thought I'd try a more portable option.  I found this cute little Art Philosophy Inc. Watercolor Confections Pan Set and a Pentel Water Brush Pen.  I bought The Classics set which comes with 12 colors: white, pinky, red, orange, yellow, green, icy blue, blue, purple, cocoa, grey, and black.  The paints seem to be a little more opaque than what I am used to with my mixture of tube paints: Sennelier Auarelle, Winsor & Newton and Winsor & Newton Cotman, Sakura Koi,  and Grumbacher.  But I'm having fun with them.  I'm truly not used to painting with a water brush and a pan set, so it's going to take a lot more practice before I'm really comfortable with this change.


This is a good basic color set.  I think I want to try the Pastel Dreams or Vintage Pastel set next. And I might get a couple of different sizes of the Pentel Water Brush

The first piece I tried to paint with these supplies was an utter failure.  I'm using it as a paint tester paper.  It's hard to judge how much you need to squeeze the pen to get just the right amount of water out.  Plus I reflexively try to dip the brush in a non existent water jar out of habit.  More practice needed!


A little Autumn doorway doodle.




Another little doodle of a black gown.

I'll keep on practicing with this pan and water brush and hopefully I'll get used to painting this way.




No comments:

Post a Comment