Sunday, January 12, 2014

Breakfast for Kids

I'm always looking for ways to get my 7 year old to try new foods.  She doesn't like eggs, but does like dinosaurs.  So I renamed the classic Egg in a Nest, to Dinosaur Egg in a Nest and that worked wonders!

What you'll need

1 egg
1 slice of bread
butter or margarine
jam or fruit spread
round cookie cutter

(I use whole wheat or oat-nut bread, margarine, and fruit spread that is all fruit without added sugar)

How to make it

1.  I butter both sides of the bread.

2. Cut a whole in the center of the bread with your cookie cutter.

3. Either spray your frying pan with Pam cooking spray or melt butter in the pan.  Place the bread and the round cut out piece in the pan.  Crack the egg into the hole.  Cook over medium heat until the egg has set, then flip the egg, bread and round cut-out bread over.  Cook until egg is done to your satisfaction and transfer to plate.  Salt the egg to taste.  Put some jam on the cut-out round and serve to a happy child!

* I usually have to cut out extra rounds and cook them up.  My daughter loves them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment