Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cowboy Cookie Mix Gift

Last week I had lunch with some friends that I couldn't see during the Christmas holidays.  We had lots of fun, and got caught up on each other's lives.  I don't get to see them very often and I miss them a lot. My friend Gayle gave me this Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar with the recipe written out in a cute card.


Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar in the order given.  
Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips



Gayle included a card that said:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease or spray cookie sheet.
2. In medium bowl mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Stir in entire contents of jar.  You may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
3. Shape into walnut-sized balls.  Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.

(In the background you can see the red tea kettle my daughter got me for Christmas.  She decided I needed a red one!)


Bake for 11 to 13 minutes.
4. Transfer from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.



Makes 15 big ol' cookies or 2 dozen cow-girl sized cookies. 

Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. Yum!! Edible gifts are always great to give (and receive)

    ReplyDelete