Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Week Of Herbs - Sweet Basil, Rosemary and Lemon Thyme

We finally got around to planting some herbs!  We bought them a couple of weeks ago and only just now had the time to plant them.  Just in time, they were starting to wilt in those little plastic pots from the nursery.

I wanted to start out with herbs I use the most.  Sweet basil, rosemary and cilantro.  I found the first two, but the few cilantro plants around were really sad looking, so I bought a lemon thyme instead.  Even though I've never cooked anything with lemon thyme before, it smelled so good so I bought it.  Now I have to look up some recipes to use herbs in, so I will put these little guys to good use!


I also planted some little pansies, just because they were so pretty.  I know they will die out soon, it just gets way too hot here during the summer for them to survive.


I like to use them to decorate cakes or cupcakes.




1 comment:

  1. Oooo I've always wanted to try candying flowers. These are lovely. As are your herbs!

    ReplyDelete