Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Making a Fairy Garden for Kids!

I found the most adorable little place in Old Town, near the Orange Circle, Ca. called the Dragonfly Shops and Gardens.  They give a Kid's Fairy Garden Workshop that I finally had a chance to take my daughter to.  

And yes, she wears her cat ears everywhere!


First they painted their flower pots with bright colors (because the fairies are drawn to bright colors).


Then they decorated little wooden fences and flowers with some bling, because you can't go wrong with bling.


Then they planted some cute little plants and covered the dirt with pretty rocks and stepping stones.  The fairies don't want to get their feet dirty!  The final touches were some butterflies, ladybugs, and 10 shakes of fairy dust.  The kids all loved it.


Sandra is showing you her tiny little wooden ladybug.


We brought Babs the wolf to the workshop.  She was dressed up in her fairy costume, wings and all.


Here's the front of the shop.


Here's their little Ladybug Garden, planted in a couple of chest of drawers.  Very cute.


The finished Fairy Gardens!







7 comments:

  1. Thanks for these wonderful ideas, I often teach so i am thrilled to see such creative crafts! Hope you're having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do this with my kiddo. Maybe next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so creative. your daughter looks so adorable :)

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How charmingly fantastic!!! I love those mini white picket fences - I want to use one on one of my scrapbook pages now. I'll have to check Michael's in Kelowna (we don't have one in our town) next time I'm there to see if they have anything like that.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun activity for you and Sandra. (She's adorable, by the way.) You know how much I love fairies! I'll have to check out that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww the fairy gardens are adorable and OMG your daughter has the cutest cat ears!!!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete